Winnetu Oceanside Resort Cancellation Policy
2020 Winnetu Hotel policies & cancellation fees (Amended due to COVID-19)
Please carefully review our Deposit, Payment, and Cancellation policies, as outlined below…
- A 50% deposit is due at the time of booking for all reservations made before May 1st (final payments due by May 1st)
- For reservations made after May 1, full payment is due upon booking
- Payments by check, Money Order, MC, VISA or AMEX are accepted
- In addition to the rates described, there is a 5% Massachusetts State Tax and a 4.7% Local Rooms Tax
- The Martha’s Vineyard Theater Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)3 entity, has restored two of the Island’s historic and iconic theaters for film and live events. Vineyarders love these Island institutions, as do visitors, so we are asking our guests for an optional donation of $25.00 to help with their ongoing preservation. The donation fee appears on your Confirmation Reply Form. If you choose, you may opt out of this donation by declining it on your Form. Thank you.
- Check in is 4:00 p.m.
- Check out is 10:00 a.m.
- We offer Travel Agent Commissions of 10% excluding the July 4th week, month of August and privately owned Mattakesett rentals
Late cancellations have a significant impact on us due to our Island location and seasonal nature. Individual reservations are completely refundable until February 1st.
Reservations for stays between April 19 — June 24, 2019 and Labor Day — October 21, 2019 (excluding certain periods listed below), have the following cancellation fees and policies:
- For cancellations of more than 60 days prior to your arrival date, there is a $50.00 cancellation fee
- For cancellations of 30-60 days prior to your arrival date, there is a $150.00 cancellation fee
- Cancellations within 30 days prior to your arrival date are non-refundable — unless we are sold out for the entire period of your reservation (less a 10% cancellation fee)
Reservations for stays between June 25 – Labor Day have the following cancellation fees and policies:
- For cancellations made by May 1 there is a $300.00 cancellation fee — per reservation
- Cancellations made after May 1 are non-refundable — unless we are sold out for the entire period of your reservation (less a 10% cancellation fee)
In the unlikely event of a hurricane or severe weather conditions, refunds will only be considered after the storm and only if two or more nights are unable to be occupied after the storm, and if the Hotel is deemed to be uninhabitable by Town or State Officials.
PLEASE NOTE: The June 25 – Labor Day cancellation policy also applies to the following holiday or event periods:
- Memorial Day Weekend and Columbus Day Weekend.
Mattakesett home policies & cancellation fees.
In order to confirm a rental of any home at Mattakesett, a deposit of 50% of the total rental fee must be received within 7 days of the booking. An executed Occupancy Agreement must be returned with your initial deposit. For bookings made after May 1st, full payment is due along with an executed Occupancy Agreement within 7 days of the booking.
- Only checks or Money Orders are accepted for payment toward any Mattakesett Home Rental. Mattakesett Homes are privately owned, so credit cards are not accepted
- There is a maximum eight-person occupancy of any Island home (unless otherwise indicated)
- There is no smoking or no pets allowed in any Island Home (unless otherwise indicated)
- Check-in is at 5:00 p.m.
- Check out is at 10:00 a.m.
Late cancellations have a significant impact on us — due to our Island location and seasonal nature. Individual reservations are completely refundable, with written notice, until February 1. Thereafter: Mattakesett home cancellations are non-refundable — unless we are able to re-rent the home at the same value as your reservation — in which case you will receive back your deposit less a $300 cancellation fee for each week reserved.
In the unlikely event of a hurricane or severe weather conditions, refunds will only be considered after the storm and only if two or more nights are unable to be occupied after the storm and if the Mattakesett homes are deemed to be uninhabitable by Town or State Officials.